1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Japanese made German Carbon Fiber Bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by J_Engel, Dec 4, 2018.

1. J_Engel

J_Engel Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Price:
    Style:
    German
    I don't know much more about this bow, other than I got it from a Japanese bass player who told me it was made by a fine bow maker in Japan. Anyone recognize this? Let me know if you know who made it. In great condition!

IMG_7273.JPG IMG_7271.JPG IMG_7270.JPG IMG_7270.JPG IMG_7272.JPG IMG_7272.JPG

Attached Files:

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
  3. Jsn

Jsn upright citizen

Oct 15, 2006
    San Francisco Bay Area
    PM sent.

4. foilracer

foilracer Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    pm sent

5. Is that silk winding with "whalebone"? Sending PM

6. J_Engel

Nov 5, 2018
    Hi Noelpaz. I don't understand your question. Whalebone is a style of winding, right? It is wound with what I believe is silk. Please let me know if I can be of more assistance. Thanks.

Jared

7. The black interspersed with the blue but yeah it is also silk as I look closer. I though it was whalebone. Honestly I have not seen whalebone and many times they use plastic. I also do not know how bone is used as a winding.

8. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
  9. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Aside from all that, how much does the bow weigh, what's its length and generally, what condition is it in?
    Thanks
    Louis

10. Brent Nussey

Brent Nussey

Jun 27, 2001
    Tokyo, Japan
    No. From the Sugito website: "あくまでも天然木にこだわるのが、杉藤です。"

"It is Sugito that sticks to natural woods to the last." They don't make Carbon Fiber bows, and are quite opposed.

There are a couple of Japanese companies selling carbon bows, Angelus and Alpha One (by Yamaha). However, both of these always have the name in the usual spot, over the frog on the player side of the stick. Is there nothing written there?

11. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ok; thanks for that.

12. 3t1p0d4

3t1p0d4

Mar 28, 2017
    Tokyo, Japan
    This bow seems to me like Fiumebianca, the brand owned by a Japanese company called Shirakawa Sogyo. The company is not a bow maker, they import bows (and stringed instruments) from outside of Japan.

I assume this carbon bass bow is one of the bows they import from China, made by an anonymous manufacturer.
    Shirakawa normally engraves its brand logo to the anonymous bows after importing them, so I was wondering why your bow does not have any logo. But anyway, for your information the link below is the Japanese webshop which is selling the same model.

Fiumebianca/フューメビアンカ NSE コントラバス弓 ジャーマンタイプ-マリオルッチ

Brent Nussey likes this.
  13. J_Engel

Nov 5, 2018
    It does look like that, thanks for finding that! Looks like it's selling for around $400 new. Thanks!