1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Japanese Morris "Grand Bass"

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shakin-Slim, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
  2. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    That works out to about $625 US which would be on the extremely steep side for a good Japanese copy bass of that era. If all instruments in NZ cost a premium because of where you are, then perhaps its not so bad, but still high nonetheless.

Made by the Moridaira factory which also made some Hohner products.

The ad sounds like it warns against a pretty heavy bass, so along with the somewhat higher asking price, I think you need to go see it in person. If it feels right and everything checks out, maybe it's a keeper. It does look in really good shape, but considering he has little to compare it to on the available market in terms of value, I would think you have a lot of room to negotiate on the price.

3. b-bottom

b-bottom

Dec 18, 2006
    Knoxville TN
    +1 to being on the high side

4. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    All instruments usually go for significantly higher prices than in the States/UK etc, but not quite this much. I definitely thought it was high, and might try talk him down if I'm interested in following it up. I've got a nice Ibanez in the past for $250, about $200USD. That was a bit of a steal, though.