1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Japanese rice crackers party mix - can't find any locally?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tony G, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I'm talking about this stuff:

51kP6r5UV0L._SL500_AA280_.

Is there any special name for it other than what I mentioned? I really love this stuff, but I can't find any locally to me. I've checked all the grocery stores, and nobody there has any clue. I remember one local store used to carry it, but I haven't seen it in some time. The best I've found is at Trader Joe's, but I don't have one of those local to me either.

I'm craving this and I can't find any to satisfy my craving. :mad:

2. search for an asian market in your area on google. try them.

3. Boostedrex

Boostedrex

Feb 24, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    +1 on finding an Asian market near you. They'll more than likely have it and for cheaper than the bigger retail stores.

4. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I'm not sure I even have an Asian market that close to me, but I'll look around. I always feel wierd going into places like that though. They give me this look like I'm not supposed to be there. :D

5. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    There is a giant Japanese supermarket called Mitsua right over the bridge from NYC in Edgewater NJ.

They have about 20 different varieties of those rice snacks...the ones with the peanuts in the middle are the best IMHO. They also have a ton of other crazy Japanese food, like ricecake ice cream puffs, "super happy time crab snacks" (literally dried baby crabs..they where kinda gross), milk coffees, sauces, rammen, and fish flavored everything.

If you go don't eat dinner because you can get anything from rammen to tempura to grilled salmon with all sorts of crazy side dishes for around 6.00 bucks in the cafe attached to the supermarket.

Also Costco(or BJs I forget which) sells a giant bag of those rice snacks...but they are not nearly as good as the Japanese stuff.

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    We have Mitsua's here on the west coast too. Great market a little more pricey than the smaller Japanese market, but we have a lot of options out here. Not sure about your area. Also, most Korean markets will sell Japanese products simply because there is a lot of crossover there.

7. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Yeah they are a west coast chain...but they have 1 or 2 out of them out here.

Edgewater is a huge Asian community

8. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, look there. That's where I usually buy mine.

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    As shown, I mentioned that in the first post. However, the closest Trader Joe's is about 100 miles from me I think.

10. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Sorry, that was off the screen when I first read the post.

I don't know where you're located, so I can't help much.

11. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I'm located just north of Albany, NY

12. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Even Colonie doesn't have Joe's yet? ;)

13. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    No sir. There is no Trader Joes in Upstate NY. :(

14. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I found some locally!!! Target has a container of them. It has all my favorite pieces in it, with some extra stuff as well. It is mostly the same mix I'm used to, but has things like sunflower seeds and sesame sticks (those are terrible by the way). I still prefer the mix from Trader Joe's, but all in all this is a good day! :D

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Pick out the sesame sticks and send them to me!:hyper: