Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Japlish... or Swedlish?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Oysterman, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I just saw the movie Collateral. I somehow recognized the taxi driver, but I couldn't place him and I didn't catch his name, so I went to IMDB to check out the cast list. I then thought, why not kill some time reading user reviews? Not that I'm particularly interested in what other people think of movies, but anyway I did - and stumbled onto this:

Where's this guy from, I hear you ask?

Sweden. :eyebrow:

If it's a joke he's got a strange sense of humour. If it's not... yikes.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    looks like a message composed by one of those Nigerian scammers. :D

-Mike

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

LMAO!!!

It also looks like text after you run it through an online translator, through 5 or 6 languages.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Was that originally a Mad Lib?

5. What bothers me is how is vocabulary is fairly extensive and his spelling is pretty much spot on. You'd think whoever tought him English would know a little bit about grammar.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    My teacher shared a paper with me that was writen in japanese and then put through online translator... all 10 pages of it... yeah... it does look like it but paper was much worse :)

Cheers

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey, he speaks English a lot better than I could ever speak Swedish.

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'm always very wary about taking the piss out of people brave enough to try to speak my ancient, non-conformist, irregluar, modal langague.

9. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    You're supposed to laugh at them, not empathize.