Jaquar / Jazzmaster Shaped Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by agyeman, Jul 29, 2001.

1. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Are there any basses in current production that are shaped like Fender Jaguars or Jazzmasters?

I know Fender Custom shop made the Competition Jaguar bass, but I don't have the money for a Fender custom shop bass (and i hate that bloodly stripe). I know there are some old Fender VIs and RI's flying around, but there are also expensive, and I don't think any lefty versions were ever made.

The Reverand Rumblefish is the only bass I can find that is shaped a bit like a jag/jazzmaster.
  2. Squier Bronco has that body kinda,.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You could buy a neck and body from Warmoth and build your own.
  4. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    I might do that, but I don't know how muck tax UK customs will put on the stuff when I recieve it :(
  5. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I THINK its tax free up to £125 then 3% tax plus 17.5% vat on the tax amount. Someone (Bruce?) is bound to have the correct calculation.
  6. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Thanks for that, it isn't as much as I thought. I will check it out with the Home Office before I order the body and neck.
  7. I have the exact bass you speak of. I got the Jazzmaster body from Warmoth. They charged me an extra $100 for getting a guitar body routed for bass. Their machinery wasn't set up to rout the control cavity, but they could do everything else. I routed the control cavity. I got a P bass pickup in the mid position and a '51 style single coil P bass pickup near the bridge. Their macheinery also wasn't set up to rout the P bass pickup or neck pocket in the pickguard, so I did that. I got it painted Fiesta Red and it looks very very nice. Best bass I've ever played! There are also a lot of cheap 60's basses shaped similar to Jazzmasters (Harmony, Supro, Silvertone, that kind of company). None of those are very good quality though.
  8. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Sounds great!!!! Got any pics :)
  9. Real pity, I SHOULD be very curious to have a look of it.
    We could wait some days for a pic ;).