1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jared jewerly commercials

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dave, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Is anyone else getting really annoyed/sick of these commercials?

2. He went to Jared?

3. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Yes...and I've never even heard of this store. Actually today was the first time I had a customer calling and looking for it.

4. I am sick of lots of comercials, luckily elections are over because those were the worst, I don't care how many aliens you claim your oponent had sexual relations with, just let me watch t.v.!

5. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    who in their right name would call a jewelery store "Jared"... so plain and unexciting... not to mention uninviting. :rollno:

6. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I imagine Mr Jared thought it would be a good name. In a similar vein, which businesses with family names do you all think are lame?

This will either be totally awesome, or be yet another of my potentially amusing concepts that fell to the floor and suffocated in front of us all.

7. Mole

Mole

Jul 7, 2005
    He went to Jared!

Agh! Almost as bad as the Head On commercials.

8. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Jewelry is one of my most hated things in the world.

Do women seriously not realize that they are essentially treating themselves as whores? If I were a woman and a man gave me an expensive rock to "profess his love" or whatever, he'd get a kick to his rocks. If the love of my life can't accept a plane gold band or at best some zirconium ring as a symbol of my love, then we obviously weren't meant to be together.

I mean, I'd spend a few years with that person before I asked her to marry me, so she should already know I love her without me spending 2 months salary on a rock. It doesn't even summon Captain Planet!

And the stupid bitches who say "HE WENT TO JARED RAWRAWRAWR!" on those commercials. "Honey, you're not spending enough money on me. Therefore, you sleep on the couch tonight."

Come on!

9. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

Those and the Kay commercials :scowl:

As a professional nerd, I can't help but wonder how the math would
    be expressed for that ridiculous tagline ("every kiss begins with...")

if [[ kay == kiss ]]
    then
    (( cartier || winston )) == :eyebrow:
    fi

10. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Lot's of commercials are lame.

11. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

I hate all radio commercials. Which is why I hardly listen to it.
    :spit:

12. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Diamond and jewelry ads in general set the bar pretty F'in high!!!!! How much $$$$ do I need to spend to prove my love for my wife?????

Luckily, she is not into big money gifts. A CZ is just as nice to her!!! She's one of the good ones!

13. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I worked for a year in a mall jewelry store.

what bothered me the most was the people who came in there who couldn't afford much, but just had to get some crappy bling like a nugget bracelet or headlight ring (one that looks like a huge diamond, but only from a hundred yards or more away) in order to make themselves feel better.

I can understand spending money on bass gear, since I can play it, and interact with it, etc.. But spending a lot on clothing and/or jewelry just mystifies me.

I will say though, that getting a nice sapphire ring for my wife on one random day and surprising her with it, made her very happy. Since then, she's turned a benevolent blind eye to most of my gear purchases. :D

14. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Well, he's hoping he'll get to interact with his wife/GF/fiance if he buys her that piece of jewelry.

Play with her, you know?

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    My wife gets jewelry, I get gear. 'Nuf said.

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Then again, it's the purses that kill me. How many danged purses does a woman need?

17. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I got that part. I just don't understand HER motivation. So she gets some bling. What does it do, other than just sit there and look good?

Then again, that seems to be the function that most women on TV are encouraged to adopt . . . :eyebrow: :spit:

My wife wants a new glass kiln for her glass fusing craft hobby for Xmas. THAT I can understand.

18. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    She's stupid. That's her motivation. She was told that she should want a diamond ring, and that's what she wants. She never once stopped to think "Damn, for a few grand I could have gotten a kick ass TV/Stereo/even a car. And since we're going to live together, maybe we should have gotten that instead?"

But, I understand that a woman, just like a man, needs her own stuff and doesn't want to share a car, TV, stereo, whatever. So get her something she'll enjoy. If she's into running, get her a pair of gold-plated Air Jordans or something. Something she can actually use. If she doesn't have any hobbies, then what are you doing with her? Oh, wait. I get it. Well, that will wear off and you'll actually have to talk to her sooner or later.

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I read this thread without ever seeing a Jared Jewelry commercial. I turned on my TV, and within 20 minutes I saw a Jared commercial. Now that is strange.

Although I never saw a commercial, I did wire the data and voice network for the Jared store in Tacoma!!

-Mike