1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

JARGAR FORTE???

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by brooklynbassguy, Apr 26, 2006.

1. brooklynbassguy

brooklynbassguy Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2004
    maplewood, nj, usa
    How do jargar fortes compare in tension to flexocor thicks and spirocore starks. I'm looking for something stiff for my EUB(Zeta), that would compare in feel to spirocore starks on my DB, but sounding as close to real thing as possible-very little mwah, and lots of thump. I have original flatchromes on the Zeta at the moment, but would like something a little stiffer...

2. jallenbass

jallenbass Supporting Member Commercial User

May 17, 2005
    Bend, Oregon
    Much softer. Not quite like a solo string tuned to orchestra but close.

3. You may find the Jargar Forte bottom strings extremely muddy though.
    The Helicore orchestral heavies are possibly the stiffest strings I tried.
    Pirastro Chromcors are stiff too; they use a steel full-core.
    So are LaBella 610s.

4. I got a Chromcor E from Francois and have since added an A. I find them comfortable, at least on the bottom. I like them very much.

gomez

5. Heifetzbass

Heifetzbass Commercial User

Feb 6, 2004
    Upstate, SC
    Owner, Gencarelli Bass Works and Fine String Instruments, LLC.
    The Helicore orchestral heavies are possibly the stiffest strings I tried.
    QUOTE]

Even over dominants?

BTW, I use Jargar Forte's on the Heifetz bass and love them. They aren't muddy at all on that bass, but it is has a very clear tone... but no they are like buttah to play.

Brian

6. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    I just put a set on my bass today, Love'um! I was using Corelli 370tx for the last ten months and was getting a nice arco response and a nice pizz sound, but the E was too weak, and even though I liked the bright tone they had it started to get to me for some reason this month so I though I'd go with darker & smoother sounding strings. And so I order the Jargar fortes. So far in the hour they have been on I'm getting the best arco response I've ever got on this bass. Pizz isn't thumpy or boomy but very old school, slapping sounds nice as well. I can't wait to see how they sound once they settle from where they are now.

Tension vs Corelli 370tx: G&D less, E&A more, but easier to play over all.
    In one word: Smoov:) .

Edit: After a few hours now, they are really opening up, very round sounding and the volume is closer to Spiro reds then Corellis or superflexibles.