Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jasco get funky this Friday - in London

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Hi lovely bass people - as I;m a lazy sod I'm just going to post some of the email I sent earlier to our mailing list with details of my band's gig this Friday in London:

Monday's are crap aren't they? Well here's some good news to brighten up your week - Jasco will be returning to the luxurious surroundings of the lovely Bluejay Lounge in Shepherds Bush this Friday, March 5th; it's 6 quid to get in - 4 quid with a flyer (which you can download and print out on our website below), we're on stage about 9.30 and we'll be doing two sets, finishing around 11pm. Easiest way to get to the Bluejay is by coming out of the Hammersmith and City Line Shepherds Bush tube - but it's easy enough to walk from the Central Line station and down the side of Shepherds Bush Green - the venue is just down Hopgood Street; all the details are here:

http://www.munkio.com/music/jasco/happenings/home.html

We had an amazing night their last time and by the end of the night it was a case of the crowd loved and we in turn - loved them. Thanks again to those who came and funked the night away with us - if you fancy more of the same jazzy, funky, disco, Latin and Brazilian sh** again, then it would be a sheer delight to see you this Friday.

Hope a few of you UK/London types can make it this time

Thanks again for tolerating my spamming

Mike

2. Bumping the bump! Yeah I know, I apologise for buggin y'all but if you live in London and have nothing better to do tonight - and want to hear some funky sh*t we'd love to see you down the Bluejay - thanks again for your tolerance! Have great weekends whatever you do - and if you don't do nuthin' else - do some practice!

Cheers people

M

3. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Nice venue, nice people, and great music! :bassist:

If there are any London Talkbassers who haven't seen Jasco live yet, do yourself a favour and come to their next gig... They are getting better and better!

I came pretty late so I could only listen to the second set, but anyway it was great. The rhythm section was really tight and in the pocket - the whole band was really grooving, you could tell by the number of people dancing! ;)

4. Hey Ari - you Badass! Thanks for coming down - we did extremely well that night and the good news is that we will now be playing there twice a month...so you guys have no excuse...plus it would be ace to meet some of you London boys and girls - yes Gia, that includes you - anyways we'd love to get you grooving, the band is really tight now and I'm just loving it - remeber you heard us here first!

Cheers

M