Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jason Newsted of Echobrain...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I just scored myself five free tickets to see Echobrain in Milwaukee! I am so stoked, my skin is tingling! Free "big name" concerts rule!

www.therave.com

EDIT: I also got freebies for Iced Earth, Lit and Hatebreed.

2. Cool man. Echobrain is awesome I am getting tickets to see them in philly. I am so excited about this. I have wanted to see Newstead live for many years. Now I will actually be able to hear him when i see him :)

3. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I just picked up their CD, so I'll be ready for the show on the 2nd of May. Even though I haven't listened to the whole thing yet (I'm on track five now), I think I can say that James Hetfield didn't need to be so worried about letting Jason do his own thing (there's virtually no chance of these guys putting Metallica "out of business"). It's very different from what "Big M" is doing.

I found it interesting to find that Kirk Hammett played on one of the tracks ("SuckerPunch") and I'd like to throw in that the bass isn't overly prevalent on this release!

4. yeah it is really different then metallica. I was wondering what do you think of it though. They have a rather unique asound I think. Almost kinda Radioheadish. There is a hidden track on the cd reminds me of the beatles.

5. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    It's not what I expected, but I'm sure it will grow on me. Most of the stuff I buy lately doesn't reach out and grab me right away, I have to listen to it a few times first.

I guess I must be getting old!

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Dont stop at Milwaukee, come on over to Fond du Lac and look me up. :cool:

7. Newsted

Newsted

Jun 24, 2001
    Greece(athens)
    you are so lacky i believe that it will never come here in greece:(

Why you ppl always writing Newstead ???
    ITS NEWSTED :D

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Cool. That is the place that I saw the Sex Pistols, Goldfinger, and Gravity Kills back in 96. Interesting place.:)

9. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    What part is it in? There are 3(?) diffrent places in the Rave. There is the Eagles ballroom, the highest floor. There is the Rave itself, aka The Bar. There is also the lower level, not reall sure what the name of it is. There are probally more rooms in that creepy haunted place.

10. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I will second the creepy haunted place statement. Wierdest place I have been too in my life.:eek:

I saw the Pistols in the Eagles ballroom, BTW.

11. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    If you visit the site you can get a full 360 degree view of all of the diffrent rooms in that place. I didnt really think the place was that wierd...:D

12. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I was in the upstairs ballroom once (to see GWAR when they were with ICP). Usually, the bands I see are in the downstairs area (I think that's The Rave).

Is it really haunted? I know that The Pfister down the street is rumored to be haunted by Mr. Pfister. One time, before a GWAR show, my girlfriend and I were driving around, killing time and we happened upon The Pfister Hotel. I had read that it was haunted, so we went in and walked around for about a half-an-hour, looking for ghosts. It was a beautiful hotel, but we didn't see any spooks or spectors. As we were leaving, we picked up some literature, advertising their New Year's Eve Special -- dinner and dancing for two, a bottle of champagne and a room for the night -- for $1000.

If I were to ever open a bar, it would be set up exactly like The Rave -- a stage on one end, a bar on the other and a couple of bathrooms in between!

One last thing, I said Newsted! ;)

13. PeninaD

PeninaD

May 26, 2001
    PA
    I've been so connected to the whole Echobrain thing, got one of the first promos the day Jase put it up last summer, and am on the EchoBrain street-team.
    Got my stepson into it too.

I heard some boots of the Gov't Mule show in NYC last week. Jase can work with anyone so easily, too damn bad it did not work out with Metallica.

SO, I have my tickets in hand for Old-Bridge, NJ...anyone gong to be there at the old Birch Hill???

14. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Yeah, but I am from North Dakota, and hadn't been any farther from home than Minneapolis back then. So yeah, it seemed a bit creepy to me.:) But it was worth every minute.:D

Although now, I have seen MUCH wierder places around the country than that one.