Jason Newsted sings?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by FunkyTragic, Jul 1, 2005.

1. FunkyTragic

Jun 18, 2005
    In metallica's song, Where The Wild Things Are, who the hell sings the lead vocals?It doesn't really sound like james, and as it's cowritten with newsted, i kind of assume it's him.Also i once heard a performance of him singing the chorus of blackened.Cool little idea, what else does Jason sing, and does Kirk Hammett ever sing?
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    That was James on vocals. Jason doesn't sing very often but if you find the bootleg of July 7, 2001, there's an entire show of Jase on lead vocals.
  3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Jason sang the vast majority of backing vocals, the occasional verse or chorus (the last chorus of "Creeping Death" comes to mind) and the even-less-than-occasional full song - most I've heard were covers.

Kirk sings/sang far less backing vocals, mainly because it would distract him from thinking about surfing or playing out of key. :smug:
  4. It sounds like Jason doing the spoken word bits on Bad Seed.
  5. Jason did a lot of singing for Metallica, but what I really remember was when I was at a show with them and they played 'Of Wolf And Man' and Newstead was howling like a mad-man haha that was really funny.
    Zodion likes this.
  6. Fav Jason moment is when he sits down on the drums and sounds 10000x better than Lars, as only a bass player could :p, i can't remember what song it was but it was on the Cunning Stunts DVD

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Jason never sang on a Metallica record other then the backing vocals on the S&M record. Jason did alot of awesome backing vocals and even sang a few whole songs like Whiplash live.He is a great talent. :bassist: