Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jason Newsted - 'Tower of Strength' Solo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassGod, Aug 25, 2004.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I've heard that Jason Newsted's 'Tower of Strength' solo is amazing, but I can't find it anywhere... does anyone have a link to a website that has this solo on it, or could anyone send me an mp3? I'd really like to hear this solo, thanks for any help guys. :)

Peace,
    Graeme :bassist:

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    BUMP! Anyone have this solo? Thanks. :)

Peace,

3. I'm a pretty huge Jason fan (www.jasonfan.com is my website) and I've never heard of him doing a solo by that name. I think you may be mistaken

4. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Ahh yes, I've been to that site. It's really good. Hmm, maybe I'm mistaken. I did a search though, and saw that solo mentioned a few times, by Jason. Thanks for the reply, and good job on the website BTW. :)

Peace,
    Graeme

5. I downloaded a Newsted solo called "Tower of strength" off Napster a couple of years ago, and it consisted of him strumming fast using open strings as a drone in a sort of spanish style.
    didn't sound like a sadowsky- probably a spector, or maybe the old alembic.
    it's not technically difficult- it's more of a frenetic version of the bass + guitar doodle on Cunning Stunts.

I might have it still on a CD somewhere- i'll have a look.

6. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Okay, thanks a lot. :)

Peace,