1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jason Newsted - 'Tower of Strength' Solo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassGod, Aug 25, 2004.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I've heard that Jason Newsted's 'Tower of Strength' solo is amazing, but I can't find it anywhere... does anyone have a link to a website that has this solo on it, or could anyone send me an mp3? I'd really like to hear this solo, thanks for any help guys. :)

Peace,
    Graeme :bassist:

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    BUMP! Anyone have this solo? Thanks. :)

Peace,

3. I'm a pretty huge Jason fan (www.jasonfan.com is my website) and I've never heard of him doing a solo by that name. I think you may be mistaken

4. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Ahh yes, I've been to that site. It's really good. Hmm, maybe I'm mistaken. I did a search though, and saw that solo mentioned a few times, by Jason. Thanks for the reply, and good job on the website BTW. :)

Peace,
    Graeme

5. I downloaded a Newsted solo called "Tower of strength" off Napster a couple of years ago, and it consisted of him strumming fast using open strings as a drone in a sort of spanish style.
    didn't sound like a sadowsky- probably a spector, or maybe the old alembic.
    it's not technically difficult- it's more of a frenetic version of the bass + guitar doodle on Cunning Stunts.

I might have it still on a CD somewhere- i'll have a look.

6. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Okay, thanks a lot. :)

Peace,