Jason Newsted trashes Metallica

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Feb 17, 2003.

1. MONEYtallica died with Cliff Burton on that horrible day in 1986. They produced a solid album after that (...And Justice for All), but everything after that was monkey urine.

They hazed the crap out of Newsted, turned down his Ampegs, and other petty crap that 5-year olds do.

Oh wait, James and Lars ARE 5...

I used to like Metallicrap even more than Slayer and Megadeth. My O my, how that order has changed.....

too bad their latest album blew goats except for that song...
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Jason was dead on with his comments! Metallica is soft now. Also, some people need to let Cliff rest in peace. He was an amazing bassist, but Jason was damn good for them, and they need to start admitting that.
  3. Damn, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park??? Oh well, hopefully Metallica will write some really good material and show all these rap rockers some real music. It's hard to argue with Jason though.
  4. Seven Faces...Addict..Scarstruck..Warzone..Cast Down..God Send Death...

I love that album :D
  5. Dude, c'mon!

It's Limp Bizkit!! It'll totally RULE!!!

LIMP BIZKIT MAN! THey're gonna save rock!!!!

*note... not enough rolley eyes in the universe for this one*
  6. Hey Garrett, I guess I liked it best when slayer was EADGBE tuned, SPEED metal, and when Araya could enter a song with his famous

I love the fast, standard tuned stuff. (When they dropped to Eb that was OK) I hated when Kerry King went to a 7-string for some songs, upon the recommendations of that abominable creation known as "Slipknot." (I HATE 7-STRING GUITARS.) The low tuned, slower, more bassy muddy stuff doesn't appeal to me.

I am an old-school metal guy. Plain and simple. Right now, I am listening to "Hell Awaits." JUST PLAIN EVIL. I love it. I need music that can identify with my natural anger on occasion, and this fits the bill.

I would even like Cannibal Corpse if their lyrics, "vocals" and song titles weren't so ridiculously disgustingly horrifying. Their guitar, bass and drum work is decent.

When I was at my first Slayer show, and they entered with "Angel of Death" I think I could die happy. There mis just so much raw power and emotion. I am not a person who can go to a show of slow-paced, quiet music very easily.

I'm hungry now. I'm gonna go eat.
  7. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    the absolute best vocal intro ever!
  8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I like the newer Slayer too, but Reign In Blood is the THE Slayer album for me. I agree with Newsted, if the new Metallica sounds like Entombed, I'll eat a copy of the CD. Voivod is one of the greatest bands ever, they spawned some of the best music around today. I would kill to be in Newsted's shoes right now. Metallica can do whatever they feel like, I'm all for an evolving sound, moving on etc. but why do it like that!?!
  9. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I agree with Woodchuck, they need to let Cliff just rest. He was a good bassist, but jeez, there are a ton of metal bassist that could kill him. (i.e. Steve DiGiorgio, Sean Malone, Pete Perez, Roger Patterson, Tony Choy, ect.)

I really don't care what Suetallica does anymore anyways. I don't disrespect them for their music change. (for the record, I loved Load and ReLoad). I disrespect them for the huge !@#!@#holes they became.
  10. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    yeah.. metallica... honestly.. well just sucks now

anybody heard 53rd and 3rd.. there new song? its a ramones covor, on that ramones tribute.....

im sorry but it sucks.. i think lars sings in it too... yup.. best tiny tim immitation ive ever heard.

my dads like "WHOS THAT, that sounds like james!?"

i said.. "that is." and hes like "oh well, they really do suck now."

It i dunno it kinda seems like they halfassed that song or something. Or maybe they have just lost there talent altogether. Who knows?
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Best bit on that BBS is from "Anarki" - "He says that he doesn't want back in the band and that he's happy with Voivod..he said the same thing when he was with Echobrain. (Who were so far from Metal it's pathetic by the way,so he has no right to talk **** about Metallica not being metal.)"

...I was under the impression that Jason stressed to no end that it wasn't metal.

I think the reason people go and on about Burton is that they want a scapegoat. A singular event or person that could mark the decline or whatever you want to call it. A reason, other than the band just changing. Everyone says he was the heart and sould ect ect ect, blah blah. I think most of them just don't want to admit he might have slowed down/sold out right along with the rest of them, and they I dunno, "blame" Metallica as it is now on Cliff. He wasn't that good.

12. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I agree with you Brendan, 100%.
  13. odie

odie Supporting Member

Smash- you heard the new VoiVod?? Is it out yet?:confused:
  14. odie

odie Supporting Member

garrett- Music related bro!
  15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I think they went downhill soon after Metallica showed up on Butthead's T-shirt. Same thing happened to AC/DC vis-a-vis Beavis.
  16. Had a cat scan lately? The man was a musical prodigy.

I'd like to see YOU compose some of the things he did at age 23...

Hell he composed Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) at what...19? 19 or 20.

As for the scapegoat, I see your point. Cliff Burton WAS the heart and soul of metallica though.

Lars remininscing (sp?) on the Load album:

"If Cliff were still with us today, that whole "Load" crap never would have happened."

So there is some truth in there.
  17. odie

odie Supporting Member

Garrett- You must live in a musical closet. Sorry man, Cliff didnt do anything amazing. He was in a band that was one of the biggest influences in harder music today. If Kirk or James or Lars was the one to die on the bus crash they would be immortalized like Cliff was. Thats it.

Death for some reason brings along some legendary status.
  18. Brandon, I totally agree with you in a way, but it personally doesn't matter to me how people put it:

Whether Burton's death or Moneytallica's ability to be jerkoffs and to generally suck were the main factors in the bands' demise doesn't concern me. The point is, either way, they had more than begun traveling on the Road of Krap by that time, and would more than reach that imfamous turd in the sky once the early 90's hit.

Was it exclusively Burton = Of course not.
    Did it have something to do with him = I believe so, although maybe not as much as some otehr people do.
    What was the real reason = $$$.

ALL IMO.