Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jason Newsted?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MOK BASS #1, Feb 21, 2005.

1. I was just wondering what people thought of my 2nd faveourit bassist jason newsted.was he right to leave metallica?are the better/worse since he left?what band/group is he playing with at the moment?also your opinions on his side project EchoBrain.
    Thanks

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    1. This should be in Bassists
    2. I like him. He is one of my favourites, way up there. I think he made the right choice in leaving though, as Metallica treated him like crap. In fact, I have lots of respect for Newsted for leaving such a huge band.
    3. Echobrain is pretty cool, although Jason isn't with them anymore
    4. He is playing with Canadian metal band Voivod, who are awesome. He has played on only one of their CD's, their 2003 self-titled album. He also has many other side projects, all of them on his Chophouse record label. He plays guitar and sings in a few of them. Check http://www.chophouserecords.com/ for all of the bands.
    5. Try to use proper grammar and spelling, it makes stuff a lot easier.

Graeme :bassist:

3. Jason left Metallica?

I'll have to do a search! Maybe if I'm really really lucky I might find out what people think about him...

4. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    :D Today's best post so far.

5. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Is he still touring with Ozzy?I heard he was gonna make an album with him

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    [drunk jock at party voice]
    I love you man :bassist:
    [/passes out in drunken bliss]

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Jason is the man, lots of down picking talent :bassist: . Jason was the one who got me into Sadowsky he plays them well.

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Does he still play Sads? I didn't know, and haven't listened to anything since he left, kinda hope he does. I'd like to get one, but I dunno, my Spectors would get awful jealous...

Ray

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes Jason is still Rockin the Sadowsky's. I actually read that he said he will allways play them.