Jason Newsted

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Joiner, Oct 12, 2000.

1. Joiner

Oct 12, 2000
    What do you think of him ?

I think that he isn´t as good as Cliff was, but what would you do if someone asked you to join your favourite band and if you had to continue the work of one of the best bassist on this planet ??

I like his picking style, I think he`s the only one who can play absolutely everything using picks, and I like the way he jams and shows everybody how to go along with Metallica`s music but I´ve never heard anybody talking about him in good way...

So what do YOU think about him ?

David / Joiner
  2. reveille_509

Aug 17, 2000
    I think hes a great bass player. I'm a fan of his work but I dont think he displays the extent of his skill as well as he should. The bass in "until is sleeps" is just great. I dont think metallica would have done so well if they would have gotten someone else to replace Cliff.
  3. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    He's an awesome musician, and so was Cliff, but I don't think it's fair to compare them to each other because each has a very different style. Some of his lines are really cool, and he has a good niche in metallica. I think he's awesome and I have learned a lot from his playing.