Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by stanger503, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. you know that solo on live ****,binge and purge in seattle...does anyone have it....i already have one but its for 4 string and it sure as hell isnt it...he uses a 5 string there too..also could u tell me what kinda bass he uses during that solo...idk if its his alembic or what thansk....

2. i know i went a little over board...but it just makes me so angry that one of the best bassists ever next to cliff had to leave for echobrain which ended up not even being able to give thier cds away...then voivod.anyway way off track...all i want is the tab..on the 5string.
  3. OK.WOAH BUDDY.did i ask for a god &^&* mouth from anyone...especially someone dissin tallica like that...if voivods so great then people would know who they are...and yea i already knew he recorded with em..alot of voivods stuff comes from metallica...check out a few quotes from when jason really became a member...they say so themselves...jason also knows it...and o by the way if he wants to develop as a player he woudlnt be band hopping...i use to be a huge newsted fan...not quite as big any more but a fan nonthe less... he needs to stop switchen and stick with one band...be it talica,voivod,echobrain,or ozzy,or young strappin lads or whatever the fudge it is.besides all i freekin asked for was a mother^%&$#%$ tab...thats it...THAT IS FREEKIN IT!!!!
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Unless we can keep this one on topic, I'll send it over to the Bassists forum where you can argue the finer points of Jason's playing.
  5. well no wait...im a perfectly fine player...id like to see a few people on here play that solo just from hearing it...if your that great...see im actually talkin about the solo...not voivod(woohoo).
  6. DaM13N

Jan 30, 2002
    For your information, Jason did not band-hopped... he stayed with Metallica for 14 ****in' years despite the hazing and being unappreciated by the guys from Metallica. He is one of the hardest worker guy in the metal industry and instead of being given any credit, he got bashed just for leaving Metallica becoz he was not happy in the band... Look, if James and Lars had not let their egoes got to them and had treated Jason nicely, then these so-called "band-hopping" would not have occurred... & by the way, Has Rob Trujillo ever stayed in a band for 14 years that long? Answer is NO! So does that mean he band-hopped too?!
  7. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Oh well. Off to Bassists.
  8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I like what he's doing with Voivod so far, But I wish that not every bit of demo tape he ever did would be released just because he's X-MetallicA/Nu Ozzy. This IR8 stuff is horrible.
  9. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    My hero. I have always respected him.
  10. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Alright, I'm going to close this. If you want the tab, find it. If you want to discuss Jason, find an older Jason thread and start up there, or start a new thread...with a better attitude!

Mmmm...that's it. Watch your mouth, I don't get paid to do this gig, I'm just trying to give back to the TB community.

And another thing...

Guess what! Popular music is what the mainstream gurus want you to hear, not what YOU or ANYONE ELSE thinks is best. Think about it... There are tons of bands out there like Project86, Living Sacrifice, Still Breathing (just to name a few hardcore bands) that few have heard. Why? Because Mr. MTV doesn't think that they're marketable. IMO they are better than all of that hate-filled, self-centered popmetal out there. Too bad they don't fit into nice little flashy boxes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.