Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jason Newsted's picks

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by king_truffle, Jun 17, 2001.

1. king_truffle

king_truffle

Apr 4, 2001
    Oshkosh WI
    Ok, I know Jason Newsted used Dunlop Tortex picks, but I don't know what thickness or anything like that. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. As far as I know, possibly around .88. I could be wrong though. Check metallica.com for his equipment listing to see if it's there.

3. Jason used 1mm (blue) Dunlop Tortex triangle picks. James and Kirk both use .88mm (green) normal Dunlop Tortex picks.

4. Jasons picks are really weird i dont understand how he plays with them( i own one of his picks and one of Kirk hammets picks) Both of the picks say METALLICA on one side and have the metallica star thing on the other side

5. metallica star=metallicature

6. Well, I have one. He threw it at me during a show. It's a giant blue, soft-textured plastic (almost rubber) equilateral triangle with the snake logo on the back. (this was a few years back). Quite thick indeed.