Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jason Quits Metallica!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by BaroqueBass, Jan 17, 2001.

1. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    Yes it's true! Check out the millions of threads up at BG! By the way, Jase does play DB, "kinda" well.

2. That's the guy with the chainsaw and hockey mask, rigt/
    He's plays?

3. yea man he kicks it out!
    i love that he uses an electric chain saw now, it gets such funkier tones out of the pickup than the gas one did.

unless this is about jason newstead in which case this is now the fourth thread on the topic

4. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    Ya, but this is for the DBer's benefit. I hope you'll all be able to go to sleep tonight, knowing that such a tragedy hath occurred.

Oh well, back to the Koussevitsky.

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    ....and yet,....somehow,....life goes on.

6. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    I have a deep hollow feeling in the core of my being. Metallica without Jason? Surely it can't be possible.

7. Ed, try once typing "double bass" in Altavista search engine.
    You will get 2567895 quotes, first twenty thousand of them conserning double bass drumming....
    that´s how it goes. Blaaah.
    Howabout calling the beast in Portuquese from now on?
    "Contrabaixo" has a nice klang in it...

R2D2

8. Tim Ludlam

Tim Ludlam

Dec 19, 1999
    Carmel, IN
    Yeah! I heard Peter Tork was no longer playing bass for the Monkees. What a shame!

Anybody know where I can get any cool Peter Tork bass tabs?

9. BaroqueBass

BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    Well don't you think it's kinda unfair when you say, in an orchestra setting, "bass" that people automatically think of the contrabass, when the tuba and contrabasson have just as much bass in them.

10. True story: I recently purchased and AKG c4000b mic. When the music store salesdope asked what I'd be using it for and I told him doublebass, he started telling me that might not be a good choice for two bass drums. I cut him off, saying,"nah, string bass." That confused him so much I figured the only way to comminucate this would be to speak his language: I put my left hand up by my head, my right hand out in front of belly and gave him a couple seconds of air bass.