Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jauqo III - X at the Bass Club

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Warwickthumb, Mar 6, 2006.

1. For all of you who went to the chicago GTG and enjoyed Jauqo's playing. Hell be giving a live in store Clinic/Performance Sunday March 12th at the Bass club Chicago. He will be touching on groove,improvisation,applying various techniques in a band setting,etc. The Trio will consist of Jauqo III-X on bass, DaLawn Simpson on the 9 string guitar, and Lou Ciccotelli on Drums. He gave a great a clinic. For all of you who missed it the first time. Heres another chance!
    (mod please move this if its in the wrong place. just getting the word out)
    -Joe

2. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    what time? any cost involved? should a bass be brought along, or an amp?

3. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Man, Chicago's a bit of a drive from here in Massachusetts, but I'd love to check it out if it were possible. I got Low C# Theory about a month ago and it's one great chunk of improvisation.

4. Sweet!

Echoing everyone else - hook us up with details!!!!

5. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Hey fellas,thanks for the interest.the clinic is free and there is no need to bring an amp or Bass.
    we will be starting at 3pm and ending the clinic/performance at 5pm and I'm doing all original compositions.

6. Wish I could make it, I know those who will attend are going to walk out a heck of a lot wiser.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I've seen Jauqo play before and he's excellent. Catch it if you are in the area.

8. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    +1

Good seeing you again at Lakland last month, Jauqo.

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Thanks cheezewiz(even tho I feel I could have done much better and I'm still learning)

and it was good seeing you as well(I'm thinking of picking up a couple of Laklands with the new electronics).

10. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

If you're still learning, then I'm a rank beginning amateur! But, actually, that's a great attitude. We ALL have a lot more we could do with our instruments. Jauqo..I probably didn't translate my thoughts on the bassfest last year the best. I know I was quite impressed with your playing and composition, it was the other performer I wasn't so sure about!

11. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

Believe it or not,I know longer work with that artist because of her performance that night(I'm dead serious).

12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Man, I'd have NO problem working with her.....

as long as she didn't sing.

13. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

:):)

14. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Arggghhh...comin to chicago next week but just a couple days late.

15. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

:)

16. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    More of a 'Q&A' I suppose. Jauqo played his 8 string Adler in his avatar and brought a 4 string that he noodled on a bit.
    There were about 30-40 people in a small area that is the Bass Club. Standing room only. I got the front row:)
    Here's something you don't see too often, The guitar player, playing a 9 string, played thru an Ashdown EVO II RPM 500 210 combo on a few songs and playing thru a Carvin Quad X pre/Madison power amp into a 1x18" cabinet for most of the others songs.
    Due to my being on the guitar player side and right in front of his rig, I couldn't here the bass thru the guitar, though for most of the songs played, the guitar would stop several measures before songs end, then the drummer stopped, and Jauqo would finish up with the groove he'd been layin' down, allowing us to more clearly know what he was doing.
    Jauqo used his RPM 500 head thru an Ashdown 410 and some effect pedals.

17. Damn my mom didn't let me go :mad: Got any recordings on sale Jauqo?

18. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Alex we had a lot of fun and it was pretty packed.I'm sorry but I don't have any recordings from the clinic/performance

for those who may not know a clinic/performance consist of Q&A's,discussions on various topics etc. and performance

19. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

My luthier/bassist/buddy Randy and I were also there. Watching and listening to Jauqo and company perform was inspirational. As a bassist, I was really digging the grooves and interplay between Jauqo and the drummer (who kinda reminded me of Dave Garibaldi, who I think is the sh*t!). The J-man is a real pleasure to talk to and is as honest and open as anyone you could ever hope to meet. So a big thanks to Mark Konzen (Bass club Chicago) who sponsored the event, and equally big thanks to Jauqo for an unexpectedly pleasureful experience musically (and personally). :bassist:

20. Sounds awesome to me!! Wish I could have been there. I miss the Chicago cold...NOT!! :)

Dude, what happened with the singer at the clinic? You should have brought on that Polish girl, Grazyna Auguscik, the one we saw sing at UChicago. She was AMAZING.