Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jay Turser 5 string JTB-55QMT

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kickinbass, Aug 21, 2005.

1. kickinbass

kickinbass

Nov 19, 2004
    ontario canada
    Hey everyone can anyone tell me about this bass. I have to let the guy know by tonight if i'm buying it or not. It costs 125 US .Ive always wanted a 5 string and the colour is yellow.not that that matters but the price seems right i'm also looking at a OLP MM3 music man 5 string Ernie ball license. but it is more around 175. let me know what you thing about the jay turser one and how do they compare thanks kickinbass

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    About the OLPs, some people say theyre horrible, ive actually played one that felt really good.

3. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    I think you meant JTB-550 QMT....

Lets just say that your better off buying the OLP 5, or any other lower priced 5 string bass than the 550.
    The electronics are horrible, and so are the necks (Stripped truss rods, Twisted ).

Rob

4. kickinbass

kickinbass

Nov 19, 2004
    ontario canada
    Ok sounds good what are the OLP worth i have a feeling that the price might go up on this one it is a guy who is selling off all his gear and told me that the olp is around 175. what is top dollar for a good one. thanks

5. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    New OLP's sell between $249.00-$279.00 US.

$175.00-150.00 US used sounds fair.

Rob

6. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I got my OLP Mm3 used for 130$

I set it up right, and it is oen of the best sounding basses I have, and I also own a warwick Thumb NT, Alembic Series 1. Maybe I got a lemon, but the thing sounds amazing.