Jay turser 51' p-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MattFreemanRock, Jun 13, 2003.

1. MattFreemanRock

Nov 30, 2002
    I saw one on ebay, and got to thinking. Has anyone ever come in contact with one. They aren't listed on their site, and are supposed to be brand new.
  2. Not a lot of info on the auction, eh? It actually looks more like a '54 (contoured body and all), and it's not string through like that era should be...gotta shave money somewhere. I'd be curious what kind of wood it was made of before dropping the cash.

btw, I've played a couple of Tursers, and while not great, they seemed decent. More of a beginners/beater instrument.
  3. Reviving a Zombie Thread From Hell, but, yeah....I've actually got one of these beasts, and would like to find another. Got it "used" about 5 years back at a local Guitar Center. They had bought out a whole warehouse, and had to sell all the stuff as "used" because they weren't an authorized dealer. Anyhoo, body electronics and hardware were all Squier CV/VM level. But I bought it (99 bux) to swap the neck onto an "old faithful" Electra in which the neck was crap. So then, the neck? OMFG... straight up 51P- square heel, 20 fret, 1 3/4 nut, maple shaft (nice C shape) with an amazingly figured birdseye fingerboard, jumbo frets, and above-average detailing to the nut and fretwork. Seriously, if it didn't say "Jay Turser" on the face, it would have been a $300 neck. This is the only one of these models I've seen, so I can't say if they're all that way or not, but probably a freak of nature I'm guessing. Anyhoo, the new versions all have a different headstock, identical to an Xavierre, Rondo Omega, etc. I'd like to find another one (if they exist...) to basically mod and upgrade as a complete unit. Thanks and carry on ;)