1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jay Turser basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kidgloves2, Mar 29, 2006.

1. kidgloves2

kidgloves2

Mar 27, 2006
    Anyone here have anything to say about Jay Turser basses? How do his beatle basses compare to the original Hofner? I have my eye on his other hollowbody.

Any other companies make a hollowbody like this? It's sweet looking.

[​IMG]

2. Look up the Ibanez Artcores. A better choice IMO.

Peace,
    S

3. kidgloves2

kidgloves2

Mar 27, 2006
    I just found these too. By Oscar Schmidt. But I think I might like the Jay Turser because it has a floating bridge, which makes any hollowbody sound more "hollow".

These have stoptails and the Ibanez artcore is also stoptail. The Ibanez seems nice though.

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Wondering if the Turser is a full hollow body as opposed to a semi. Ibanez makes the Artcore g*****s in both I believe, but the stop tails lead me to think the Ibanez basses are semis.

Night Night,
    S

5. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    I don't know much about the turser or the oscar, I played a turser violin bass, and it was alright, but nothing spectacular.

The artcores are semi hollow. I have probably played about 10 different exmples or their semihollow basses and they have all been superior to the turser. Good attention to detail, well made, a very comfortable p-like neck, full 34" scale, and they sound good.

If you want a good semihollow, you should also try and find a place to play a Samick Greg Bennet Royalle bass. It's a very good bass, that is on par with the Ibanez in price and construction, but has two pickups. Also to be considered are the Epiphone Jack Cassaday and the Lakland Skyline Hollowbody, but those come in at 2 and 3 times the price of Ibanez.