Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jay Turser StingRay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by benjamintowle, May 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i have one i thnk it good for the price.i replace the bridge with a kahler trem and like better pickups.so what so bad about it.so whats so bad about it.

2. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    so what so bad about it. i replace the the bridge and tuners and i think its a good bass.i still would rather have a stringray.but the jay is way lighter better for gigs

3. so, you'd rather use a jay turser stingray instead of the real thing?

4. Reid

Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    uh..is english your first language?

5. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    hey ben you really need to stop skipping english 101.
    and there is no fricking way that anybody in his right mind
    chooses a jay mm copy because it's lighter, than the real deal.
    ben do us all a favor, work on you're grammar & stop fooling yourself.

6. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    lol :D isn't ben the same dude that said it will be easy to make a Warwick Thumb Copy?

:D

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

S-W-E-E-T

G-E-E-Z-U-Z!!!!

I'm about to say something I shouldn't so I'll stop and let someone else do it, the thoughts of Deliverance and West Virginia and the Ozarks come to mind. And missing teeth....

8. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    LOL :D

9. odie

odie Supporting Member

So what happened, does he like the J.Turser,or the Ray??

10. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    no i like the real deal better.i would love to buy a real string ray .but i am a freaken kid and dont got that much money .i got the money to buy parts hear and there to make a bass .

i just saying that i like bought the bass to like put better parts on .like to make sure i like the way it sounded .because when do you seen a music man stringray with a trem and the pickups i want?you dont thats why..i want to buy a real music man body and neck but havnt seen one on ebay for a while. i am just asking why peeps putdown it. the pickups suck and the bridge does too.i know that but what so bad about the neck and body.

11. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    wait..you don't have enough money to buy a Real Music man 'ray..but you're buying a Thumb BO4?...okay..

12. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i hetting a thumb for free from my dads friend sad story he lost his finger on his right hand and cant play and its not a bolt on .my dad has know the guy for ever please help out on the size like i dont know if i would want it i might sell it on ebay to get a bass better for my size skinny and tall. i played a 5 string bolt on and it was nice and i know there difeent wood dont know wich is heaver and stuff.

13. Comakazi

Comakazi

May 3, 2001
    Midwest US
    Words...they fail me. I just am dumbfounded by all of this. Amazing.

14. Seems you're not the only one. ;)

Ben, where are you going with this? Get to the point 'cause I'm on the verge of closing it due to incomprehensibility...

15. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i want to know the size of a thumb 4 i never played a 4 string one just a 5 string caus elike i tall and skinny and well i know the lite and not srue if i can like handle it .and plaue i was plane on making a one but not like cruved and want to know the sizes

16. i have absolutely no idea what youre saying

TAKE YOURE TIME! ID MUCH RATHER READ JWC
    S DRIBBLE, AT LEAST I CAN COMPREHEND IT(sometimes)

17. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    sorry like for get it some one dlet this like i my coumpture is messing up like everthing i type

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.