Jay Turser

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by oldrocker, May 23, 2005.

1. oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I was at a guitar show yesterday and saw some Basses, P and J Bass clones, and guitars by Jay Turser. I didn't get a chance to play these but they looked very good for the price.

Anyone have any experience with these instruments?
  2. ive never played one but seen them in guitar shops they look pretty good. im postive they are made in manchester (uk) . i think they are cnc made then finished by hand.
  3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I've never seen their basses, but I bought a guitar of theirs for a friend a few years back and it wasn't all that great. If you're looking for something really cheap I'd suggest checking out www.rondomusic.com . I believe someone here may have once said that the same company makes the Turser basses - I don't know. I had an SX bass though and I thought the quality was unbelievable for the price.
  4. jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    The Tursers are made by the same factories that regurgitate all those clones. The guitars play pretty nice, some of the basses are OK. I wouldn't sell the Geddy Lee for one of 'em.
  5. BWil

May 16, 2005
    SoCal USA
    I've never played the Fender types, but I had a Turser Beatlebass clone, made in China, that I hated. Got rid of it fast. I have a made in Korea Brice that I got from Rondo music & I really like it. A buddy of mine has a Turser Les Paul that he likes a lot. It's a nice guitar for the money.
  6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Is this a fact that can be backed by anything? Or something you've just heard or think and are passing along. I really don't know and would like to.
  7. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have played Turser stuff, and like any other cheaper instrument, you have to play them to find the good ones. For the most part, the ones I have played, I have liked. I played a double cut guitar that I put flats on, and I really liked it.
  8. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    I believe it's just another Korean made Sungbo rebadge.
  9. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Don't judge Jay Turser as bad because you played a bad one. I've played good and bad Tursers, good and bad MIM Fenders, Squiers, etc. They're inconsistent but there are gems out there.