1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz and P/J wiring questions

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by impactwrench, Mar 22, 2009.

1. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    I have an SX jazz and an SX p/j.

I got an MIA fender jazz pups/controls setup from a TBer. So far ive taken out the SX stock stuff. Im going to shield the cavities and then install the fender stuff. There are a couple of round lugs soldered into the fender wiring. what are these for? I think ill have to cut them out of the wiring to make it fit through the channels unless theres a reason they are there? They are on the black leads from from the bridge pup an a black wire coming from the neck volume pot.

Also, eventually I will put Dimarzio DP126 in my sx p/j. I have a stock wiring harness from a MIM fender jazz. Can I just disconnect the pups and use the MIM electronics with the dimarzios, even though they will be P/J?

Is MIM pots teh same as MIA fender? All say CTS...

Thanks!

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    those lugs were to go around screws driven into the walls of the control cavity to ground the shielding paint.

yes, mex fenders use the same nice cts pots that the usa ones do.

3. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    thanks ww.

whats the best way to shield between cavities? try to put copper foil or use a soldered jumper wire?