Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazz Bass AMP help required please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by midi25, Jun 5, 2003.

1. midi25

midi25

Jun 5, 2003
    london
    Hi I have just bought a Fender Jazz Bass guitar and I want to learn to play jazzy styles. My problem is I have a home amp and it sounds awful. What is a good priced amp or a good secondhand alternative that will give me the proffesional sound I desire.

an eg clip of the kind of sound I am after is this. http://www.uptownrecords.com/jorj.ram

That is the type of music I am into Jazz/house

Thanks

2. hr_bert

hr_bert

Jun 5, 2003
    austria, linz
    hi,
    how much money do you want to spend for your equipment??? thats the core questions....
    herbert

3. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Well EBS is a bit pricey, but to me its worth every penny! Victor Bailey, Marcus Miller, Stan Clarke and a few others use it...

4. Hey midi25 - Welcome to TB!:D

If you fill in your profile, it will also give us a clue as to what might be appropriate - there are hundreds (well almost...) of potential choices.:eek:

5. midi25

midi25

Jun 5, 2003
    london
    I want something not too pricey. Maybe a good secondhand buy.

6. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Well what do you consider pricey? Too many options out there....

7. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I think you need to leave a bit more information, what gear you're using right now, there's a million and one different Fender jazzes out right now, whats your budget, and so forth. Please, help us help you :D

8. midi25

midi25

Jun 5, 2003
    london
    I want something good but I dont really want to spend over £200. If I can get something good secondhand then that would be ideal.

9. Try to find something that has at least one hundred watts and keep an eye on the brand name Peavey.

10. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Clears throat.;)

11. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I use EBS too :) but thats only because my teacher sells em and influenced it upon me, plus I an absolutely in love with the tone! :bassist: