-------Jazz bass at Ebay-------

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TribalEagle, Feb 20, 2006.

1. TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    Thre is an interesting lookin jazz bass at the Ebay.co.uk
    It`s made by Casey Chasm (what??) and said to be finished in UK. I have never heard that brand but the bass it selh looks prety good for the price. I really would like to get Jazz with maple fingerboard and I can`t afford the real one.
    This bass would cost me about 134£=198€=233$ And the real one is about 500€.
    I know it`s hard to say from pics, but what do you think???
    Would that be the one?
    I have allso planned to make it look like the one Jason is playing: http://lchs.lewi.k12.wv.us/Usr8/Rpostlethwait/images/jason.JPG and maby add a D-tuner there. Or maby not. I must bye it first.
    Can you say from the pic that is there a laquer finish on the neck or not?
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Looks like one of the many cheap Jazz copies you see around - I'd stick with an MIM Fender - you'll always be better off as there are loads of easy upgrades you can do and easy re-sell - buy a non-standard bass and you might just be stuck with a lemon, nobody wants! :meh:
  3. ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    If you did decide to do resell it you'd may have a hard time selling this with any composure of the original price versus an actual fender, or proven jazz bass design like a KSD or something.
  4. Only you would know if this would be "the one". You have to try it out, but that might not be possible. That being said, I'd hate to drop money on an "off-brand" without holding it in my hands and checking it out, first. You never know about the neck and the electronics, etc. Once you've bought it, you're left with the product, good or bad.

You can make a bass "look" like anything you want, but the sound and stability of the bass is the issue. IMHO, find one that you're absolutely sure about first; then modify it. Good luck!
  5. TribalEagle

Mar 19, 2005
    Finland EU
    As I said the only problem of bying a MIM Fender is the price. 500€ is allmost 600$. Sounds like a robbery to me....
    But that is life...
    I have to order from net to get deasent priced bass. For example Squier Special V is 255€ from Thomann (internet) and 400€ from local music store...
    It`s fairly easy to say that just save so mney and bye a real thing.. I`m in military service right now and going to gollege at autum so I need every penny that I can get... But playing bass is something that I realy enjo.. I have played for two years now and I think that is time to bye a new bass..
    Is this the one.. Who knows but it is allways easy to ask opinnions here at TB from some one who knows far better than my self......