1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

jazz bass bridge plate

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by darthplagis, Mar 25, 2006.

1. hi i was just wandering if there is a 'safe' way to fix a bridge plate (the big f logo jazz) on to my jaguar bass, the thing i am worried about is the removal of the plate when i change strings and the effect of the screws and the holes they make through repeated removal and refitting.

any help and i would be mucho thankfull:)

2. steve21

steve21 Banned

I'm assuming it's not thru body, so if you change strings a lot the treads might wear out yeah.

But IMO, covering up the bridge is kinda limiting... but if you want to and you don't change it much, you might be able to get away with it.

3. yep steve21 its a top loader, i have attached the plate now.

i know i will probably have to fill the holes a few times but its the price i will have to pay cos i love the look, i dont really play at the bridge much so thats not a concern (if i need to i have a thunder bird and a yamaha 5 string at hand).