1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

jazz bass deluxe(suhr) vs. precisio deluxe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JazzMarius, Apr 30, 2009.

1. precision deluxe

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. jazz deluxe

20 vote(s)
    54.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hey guys. what would u choose? i might trade my Bongo for one of this.

the jazz is a 98 deluxe with suhr electronics ( the owner says that are delano, but probably doesn't heard about suhr ) 4 strings

the precision, is a red wine something deluxe from..mmmm 2004, or something like that i believe.

i would love both but anyways, what would u do?

i really don't think i'm gonna dig the small sized jazz though. how's the precision┬┐?

in time, would this go up in value? ( say..20 or so years ) ? or only the passive fenders┬┐?

wait for ur answer guys.

2. Thump Jr.

Thump Jr.

Jun 8, 2008
    SW FL
    The Precision Deluxe sounds fantastic. The one I played had an ideal mixture of growl and thunder. If I were a rich man . . .

By the by, why are you looking for one of the two?

3. this is the P

[​IMG]

because those are the options i got. i want a P or a Jazz and i got those for now.
    i like the fat body and wide neck on my Squier so, keep that in mind.

4. i love how my Bongo sounds....but, just can't get it to be confortable for me!!!

as rodneyat said about his old 'ray. an when he played it after years it just don't felt right..

i love my Bongo and i feel bad about letting it go but, it's to small for me... the neck above all it's kind of small and it bothers me ...
    why!!!!???

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I voted J, but that P is sweet!

I say P.

6. ok...so i decided to give my Bongo another chance!!
    let's how this turns out!

7. waynobass

waynobass

Feb 27, 2008
    Texas
    Yes, keep the Bongo. It's different. Everybody and his brother plays a Jazz or Precision.

8. And whats wrong with that?

9. Voted they are both worthless.

10. dotcomee

dotcomee

Nov 13, 2007
    Austin, TX.
    IMO, Keep the Bongo. If you really do love it, you'll probably regret trading it later on down the road.

Find a used MIM P or J here on TB or on craigslist for cheap.

Nothing wrong with owning a Bongo and a P or a J (or both) at the same time. Pull out whatever weapon is appropriate at the time!

11. +1 Keep the Bongo... & if U find IT small, I reckon you'll find a JAZZ neck small also. So If I were you... Keep the Boingo, find an ACTIVE MIM Precision.... Aint NOTHIN' wrong w/ 90% of 'em. Just play & find one U like- at 1/3 the cost of a MIA one. :)

12. i just found it is the same neck size ( width at nut ) as the fender....so , that will not be any improove in confort.the same thing, just that the Bongo is Cooler!!