jazz bass groupies

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 8, 2005.

1. well....im a sucker for nice jazz basses.....whats your favourite...

i dont mind the fender american series....ksd's are incredible....but i dont like sadowskys....that squared end of the fingerboard puts me off....that and the price tag.....ive seen some nice ones come out of warmoth.....i dig the LTD jazz's as well.....id change the pickups though...bit too muddy

so post your thoughts, pictures, comments, insults...whatever...i shall ever remain a jazz bass slut..lol
  2. careful about posting your dislike for sadowsky's here heath... it might not go down so well.

Japanese Fender's is the apple of my eye at the moment, not the biggest fan of the american standard, but those american deluxes are just on another level! Can't go wrong with KSD's or Lakland Skylines.

But a definite one that we should all watch is Nino Valenti (i hope i spelled that right), remarkable work, can't wait to see what comes next!
  3. its just that square fingerboard......just puts me off em...the ltd jazz's are uber sexy
  4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Lakland Skylines, especially the Darryl Jones 4 and 5s.
  5. What you need my friend, is to set your eyes upon a well loved 60's or 70's Fender jazz. That's eye candy........
  6. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    I have owned several American Standards and really like them. Jazz and P's that is. I tried one older used Japanese made Fender Jazz in a store and it was a dud, though I hear the newer CIJ stuff is good.
  7. [​IMG]
    can you say...alembic jazz? :p

im definately getting a KSD 4 string after my amp
  8. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    "not the biggest fan of the american standard, but those american deluxes are just on another level!"

Amen...they truly are. My Am Deluxe Jazz V is awesome (Amber Alder body & Maple/Maple neck). The newer ones with the SCN pickups and 18 volt electronics sound so warm (with clarity). Mine is 2004 (with SCN and 18volt)...I had a 2001 or 2002 model (don't remember) and it was crap (horrible B, anemic sounding overall). Must've been a bad day at Fender the day it rolled off the assembly line. I'm so glad I gave them another chance a few years later. I'll have to post a pick of my new one soon....replaced the black plastic knobs with chrome knobs and added a chrome pickup cover over the neck pickup. I was trying to make it look more "vintage". I'll post the pics as soon as I can.
  9. heya bazza, looking forward to the pics.. hows that B on the new Fender though?
  10. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've got no complaints with it at all. Not as tight feeling as say a Stingray 5 or a G&L L-2500 (My Tribute's B feels a tiny bit tighter) but it's not floppy either. AND...it's just as loud as the EADG strings. The older one I had...there was a serious drop in volume going from the E to the B...so much so I had to get rid of it. They got it right this time.
  11. Eric1977

Jan 19, 2005
    I love mu Marcus Miller Jazz . .thats a japanese model too . . .escept one thing the static . . its a tempremental biatch . . .it goes nuts when I turn one pick up off . .the static or hum . .whatever . . goes nuts . .only drawback . . .! Great sounds, neck, I got the natural finish, man its sexy! :bassist: