Jazz bass or stingray?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Davidoc, May 29, 2002.

1. I'm really unhappy with my stingray 5, and since it's really new, I could probably get a good price selling it. You have to have perfect tecnique to keep it from making noise, and the g string's crap.

I'm thinking of getting a passive Fender American Jazz bass. It might not give me an original sound, but I know that it'll work with whatever I do without any complaints. It won't be a problem with anything.

Good idea or bad idea. Most people on this board would take a MM over a jazz bass anyday. Thoughts? Should I get the J (if i can sell the ray first)
  2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    What kind of music do you play ? What kind of sound are you looking for ?

All the best,
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    hmm.. I've never had a problem with excessive noise comming from my stingray5.... and I look for those kinds of things... I don't have perfect technique either.. i have good technique but I think the problem may not be with you but the bass.. maybe it needs to be setup properly.. I know the stingray isn't for everyone... but it sure does have a lovely tone that you just can't get from anything else.. thats why I like it :) best of luck with your bass troubles