1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jazz bass pickups w/ loaded control plate and built-in EQ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TimBosby, Aug 17, 2012.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Here we have EMG's JV Pickup set - active Jazz pickups that are voiced for more "vintage" tone. I've never cared for EMG pickups, but these are different - warmer, I guess. I dig 'em but I want to try something different on my fretless.

The link below tells more about them. Mine comes with a pre-wired control plate and I'm pretty sure the previous owner added a treble/bass stacked pot. Because the stacked pot appears to be another EMG product that was wired in - possibly the "BTC" control? I have no way of really verifying this, and I've already removed the pickups and electronics, but the control layout should be: vol/vol/treble-bass stack.

Requires a 9V battery. Everything sold as pictured, including the mounting screws. Control plate has a couple scratches. No knobs included. The pickups have solderless connections but you'll still need to solder your ground wire.

http://www.bestbassgear.com/emg-pickups-jv.htm

$75 shipped for everything.

IMG_1509.

2. bodhan

bodhan

Nov 19, 2002
    Brazil
    PM sent!

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Sold, pending payment :D

4. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Minneapolis, MN
    nooo!!! I had these pups in a different bass, and they went with the bass. I LOVED them. Bummer. Been in the market for a new set...enjoy the pups!