1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jazz bass pro Pick Up Placement

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassist30, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I was wondering where did they place the jazz PU's for the Projazz...60's placements or 70's.... Looks a little like 70's but not sure by the picture and they don't say on the fender website. Does anyone know?

2. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Looks like 60s to me.

3. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Deptford, NJ
    I own a totally awesome Squier Jim Johnson sig bass. All was to my satisfaction right out of the box. I have also owned three American made Jazz basses. My current is a 2013. Very, very nice. I love this bass. However, after playing my Squier sig for awhile, I decided to replace the pups with Fender Custom Shop 60's Jazz pups. Outstanding!! I now prefer my Squier over my AM Jazz. This is a rarity and not something that most people experience. My Squier is light years ahead of my AM Jazz. Weird, I understand but my Squier is the best playing and sounding Jazz I have ever owned. Just my two cents.

4. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I don't think you understood the question or you landed in the wrong thread with that reply (or cocaine is a helluva drug) :D;). The OP was asking about pickup placement.

Looks like 60s placement to me.

5. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The Professional uses the 60’s position.

6. Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Thanks Everybody.

7. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Since '70s pickup placement is usually a non-standard feature, they will almost always tout that if it's there. Also, it's not too hard to see at a glance if it's in that position. If the bridge pickup is hovering directly over the tone knob, it's probably a '70s configuration.

0193900700_gtr_frt_001_rr.
    0132003300_gtr_frt_001_rr.

8. Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK

Thanks for the info.

Malak the Mad likes this.
  9. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Deptford, NJ
    I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me.