1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz Bass Series Wiring with "Spin-A-Split"

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by voided3, Dec 12, 2018.

1. voided3

voided3 Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I thought I would share this wiring diagram for anyone who has a Jazz Bass and A) likes a sound more reminiscent of a P-bass while retaining some Jazz character and B) doesn't solo the bridge pickup (conversely, you can switch the neck and bridge pickup wires around and have the bridge pickup be the "solo" pickup).

Essentially, this is the Seymour Duncan "spin-a-split" wiring with a pair of Jazz Bass pickups substituted for a single 4-conductor humbucker, with a regular tone control. My specific hardware setup is 500k volume, 500k blend, 250k tone with .022 uF cap, and a set of Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder Jazz single coils. The higher pot values and brighter tone cap values compliment the high output pickups in series nicely. You could use all 500k pots, but I used a 250k tone as I'm a flatwound string guy and like it a hint warmer near the top of its range.

Here's how I did it:

wiring.

basadam and BassBuzzRS like this.