Jazz Bass Series (***?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Baofu, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    Okay, I'm looking through musician's enemy, and I see a bass called "Fender American Jazz Bass", and it's priced at about $929 or thereabouts. However, a check to the fender website reveals no coressponding entry in the american series. Did fender stop producing this american standard(for lack of a better term) series or am I missing something? Were they replaced with the Hwy 1?
  2. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    The year 2000 was the last year for the MIA standard bass (I have a natural one). 2001 came the MIA series, and the only difference is rolled fingerboards, no more 2 or 3 piece bodies. As for the HW1 series they are two different basses. The Hw1 bass is a cheaper version of the MIA series bass. It does not have a graphite re-inforced neck, no strap locks, and to me what appeares to be tuners and neck like the ones from the MIM stuff. The finish is also different.
  3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    no more 2 or 3 piece bodys? i can swear that my 02 MIA has a three peice...which isn't bad..its like a neck through..instead of two different pieces..