1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jazz Bass Slapping

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Impulsee, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Do i suck at slapping??~?? I have a newer mexican fender jazz bass, and the slapping on it just doesent sound that great...actually its pretty ****ty, do i suck at slapping or are thoes basses just not slappers??~??

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Now, I'm not saying you suck, but Jazz Basses are killer slappers. Proper practice goes a long way when trying to achieve a good slap tone. How long have you been playing? What kind of amp are you playing through?

3. wow im dumb lol. Iv been playing for roughly 2 years. All i have is a small crate amp, and after reading your reply, im like "DUHHHHH THE AMP" yeah, i take lessons and the slapping is awesome i guess i just forgot about good amps ^_^. thanx man

4. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Something else you might want to under consideration is how well it plays for finger style. You didn't say anything about so I am assuming that it is fine, but if not you may want to get it set up.