Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazz Bass Upgrades

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RunEvilSquirrel, Aug 6, 2004.

1. RunEvilSquirrel

RunEvilSquirrel

Jul 2, 2004
    :help: I have a 5 string MIM deluxe "El Jazz-o" and im thinking of maybe trying to get a little more out of it. More specifcly new pickups, new preamp maybe, it has a little bit of neck dive, is there an easy remedy to this? I just want to know who might sell a complete pickup/active preamp set that would profit my sound enough to justify the money. I know how to install the pickups and stuff so that wont be a problem. Also, im thinking 18volt, but i checked and the seperate cavity it has for the battery and theres not room for another 9 volt. And how hard would it be to make a quick-release type cover for the batt compartment instead of the screw system it has?

Thanks a ton,
    Collin

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España

get some norstrands J 5 and a J-retro, all this new would be rounding $500-600, the J-retro uses just one batt and you just need to solder the pickup wires and maybe change some resistor due to diferent ohm amount on the new pickups