Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by God_of_bass, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Does anybody else have the same problem as me regarding mexican made jazz basses? The problem being that the G string saddle slips alot and lowers the action and the string goes out of tune.

My solution is to by a new bridge, im hoping to get a BadAss either I or II. Is this a wise choice, do they work well with jazz basses? Will it play well, look good or bring anything extra to my bass, apart from less slippage? is this in the right forum? Why is talkbass blue?
    Cheers

2. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Get some Locktite 242 (the blue formula) and put it on the threads of the saddle (height adjustment) screw where it meets the saddle and let it dry. It won't dry hard, it will remain rubbery so adjustments can still be made, and it can be cleaned off later if you want to get rid of it.

Be sure and just get the "blue" (242) kind. The red or green formulas set up way too hard and the purple doesn't set up enough and remains kind of runny.

I've been using Locktite 242 on the bridge saddles of most of my basses for many years (for this same problem you are describing).

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    A simple solution is to get some clear nail polish ( yeah nail polish) and apply a dab after you adjust the screw. Apply were the thread meets the round part.