1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jazz Bazz pickguard for P bass pickup?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lttoler, Apr 29, 2006.

1. lttoler

lttoler

Dec 14, 2005
    Georgia
    I am about to get a new bass but I am having trouble deciding which to get. I like the bodies of the Jazz basses, but I like the pickups in the P basses. I was wondering if there is anywhere that I could get a jazz bass pickguard made to hold a p bass pickup. This way I could have a 1 J pickup and 1 P bass pickup in the guitar. Anyone got any suggestions? :meh:

2. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Jeannies Pickguards makes custom pickguards, IIRC. Contact them and see if they already have a template or they might even have some in stock.

I'd search around Ebay and try to find other custom pickguard makers as well.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Warmoth will also let you put a P-Bass route in a J-Bass pickguard.

www.warmoth.com

4. StringsOf4

StringsOf4

Dec 16, 2005
    Warmoth puts the p pickup pretty much where it would be on a p-bass so the pickguard fits that, whereas the fender p/j jazzes have it closer to the neck, so depending on where you get the p pickup routed on the body of the bass will determine which you should get.