Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazz body pbass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jieshi, Oct 7, 2002.

1. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    Anyone tried the marc hoppus P bass ??

i want a p bass with a nice jazz shape .. and i can only find the Marc Hoppus bass.. anyone tried it before ?? your 2 cents ?

:confused:

2. The neck felt terrible. Sounds bad with anything except a pick. No bottom whatsoever. Get a custom. This is all IMO.

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    The neck is your standard PBass neck. And, unless a PBass only sounds good with a pick, that is debatable, as well.

I've tried a couple, and they were fine. The Basslines pickup is of good quality. There isn't a tone knob, so you're not going to have much tonal variety besides moving your hand around, which is usually what I do, anyway.

I don't care for the candy colors, but playability is as good as any other midpriced Fender out there.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I agree.

5. Those basslines have that mid cut that I just don't like. It was a nice bass, and I'd get one, but would swap out that pup for an american standard P pup

6. handlax14

handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    Connecticut
    i was in your boat about 3 weeks ago and after a ton of reserach i think ive decided to buy parts and buid my own bass. im getting the J bass body witha flamed maple top and a warmoth style neck from warmoth as well as seymour Duncan p and mm pickups(passive) i think im gonna get a shaller bridge as well. I'm not really sure what other components i need but im hoping my "Bass Building" thread will help me figure tha out. good luck

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Yeah, I agree to this as well.. just get a Warmoth J body, and a P neck... and P pickups or whatever :) I am planning to get a Warmoth J Body + P Neck + Maybe a J/MM setup... or a P/MM Setup...

Nino: remember ot help me ;)

DM

8. jieshi

jieshi

Mar 26, 2002
    how much would a bass from warmoth cost ???

9. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    www.warmoth.com

All the prices are their. Their are alot of different options so it can cost anywhere from about $500-$1500 not including assembly. If you can built it yourself, cool. If not, you need a tech to build it & that can cost some money, also.

10. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Remember to pay me. :eek:

J/K:D :D