1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jazz bridge pickup for Fender American Std Precision V

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by keith1r, Dec 18, 2017.

1. keith1r

keith1r Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I have a Fender American Standard Precision 5 string and it sounds great but I’d like to add a jazz pickup in the bridge position. Want a Fender sounding pickup, something that somewhat can keep up with the Precision pickup. Does it necessarily have to be noiseless?
    Any suggestions?

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    "STD" must mean something different where you're from.....:wideyed:

:wacky:

3. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Had a Nordstrand Big Split put in my P5. Not sure how Fender sounding it is, but it certainly keeps up with the P pickup.

4. Alivefor5

Alivefor5 Supporting Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Indiana
    Here are my two AmStd P-5s. The SB has a Duncan QP in the neck position and a Nordstrand split humbucker in the bridge position. The Red one (candy cola) has a Nordstrand P and a Nordstrand Big Split. The SB is somewhat calm and useable in most musical situations. The Red is aggressive and very "in-your-face". I'm doing more calm recording, production and pit stuff now so the Red's explosive behavior is not so much needed.

IMG_1507.JPG

keith1r likes this.
  5. keith1r

keith1r Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I know Fender did a limited run of the American Standard PJ bass using the 60’s cs Precision pickups and 60’s cs bridge jazz pickup. I wonder how much hum there is?

Attached Files: