1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jazz charts

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by B Sus, Apr 17, 2009.

1. B Sus

B Sus

Mar 24, 2009
    Angleton, TX
    My guitar instructor at school showed me a collection of several hundred charts that he had gotten either from a friend who had downloaded them or something like that. They were all in .PDF format.

I was wondering if something like this existed for bass, and if anyone could point me in the right direction in acquiring it if it does exist.

2. kingbee

kingbee

Apr 18, 2006
    Yeah, those are the ubiquitous Real Books. Everyone uses them at some point in their jazz career these days. I think there are three of them now. They were originally considered contraband (and went by the name Fake Books), but Hal Leonard recently did a legitimate version that I think actually abides by the copyright laws.

Now that they're legal, you can buy hard copies online or in music stores. I'm sure you can download the PDF versions online somewhere. Just do a search for New Real Book.

3. I found if you seach for "Real Book PDF" in google, it helps get rid of all the "legal" books and finds you the useful ones really quickly, like 2nd on the list...

hint hint...