Jazz Control Plate On a P Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cmlax21, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Will it fit?

2. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    I think the offset body on the Jazz is there to accomodate the control plate. Plus, the P route has a curve to it, which I think would not be entirely covered by the triangular Jazz plate.

3. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    no..now i like P/J stuff. P body jazz neck..P/J pups..but leave the pickguards alone i beg you..mark hoppus made close enough of that mistake already

4. well im getting a 5 string sx p bass and i am going to buy p pickups for it and i was just going to leave it on until i can afford a cool custom pickguard so i dont really care what it looks like just so i can put the knobs on

5. I happen to like the looks of the MH sig, thank you. It's a nice hybrid design IMO.
    OP, there is a similar plate made for a Pbass, I'll see if I can find a link.
    edit: This place has some oddball control plates, including one that will solve your problem:
    http://www.buzzardsbass.com/parts/control-plates.html

6. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    You can get a special control plate for P basses, metal, like the J's, but follows the P shape. Looks cool, I saw it on here, so sadly, I can't tell you where to find it.

EDIT: Props to Burlington, thats the one! :cool:

7. Thanks alot:D i will probably buy one of these.

8. Beginner Bass

Beginner Bass

Jul 8, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    A&R, Soulless Corporation Records
    Those do look cool.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021