1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz Decisions - Fender Adam Clayton or Sadowsky MetroExpress?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twc1313, Apr 16, 2019.

1. twc1313

twc1313 Practice is the cure for GAS...or so I've heard.

Oct 28, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    I've been looking to swap some basses and get down to one solid P (which I have) and a solid Jazz. While my Sire is a great bass, the knobs are starting to drive me crazy and I have had more enjoyable gigs with my old Squier passive Jazz.

I have narrowed it down to two basses: The Fender Adam Clayton Jazz in Sherwood Green or a Sadowsky MetroExpress in Sage Green Metallic. (With some far-off secondary, practical considerations towards a Fender Player Jazz in Sage Green or a Bacchus Global)

The Fender has the color and style I like with no-nonsense passive controls. However, I have read and heard so much about Sadowsky that it is hard to not give them consideration. The price is roughly the same for both.

Furthermore, while I'm trying to get away from active basses, the Sadowsky pre is very enticing since it has the passive tone control and boost only 2-band.

Anyone have experience with both or either? If the MetroExpress will have a similar vibe to the Sire then I might stick with the passive Fender. Any insights/experiences are welcome. Thanks!

My gigs are mainly Alternative Rock covers with a set of hip-hop and R&B thrown in.

2. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    I have 3 metros with different pickups combination. I have had many many jazz I the past 40 years of playing, I love both but I like the smaller size body and lighter weight of the metros at this point.

SwitchGear and twc1313 like this.
  3. twc1313

twc1313 Practice is the cure for GAS...or so I've heard.

Oct 28, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Thanks for the input, definitely something to be said about 3 hour gigs and a lightweight bass.