1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Jazz Deluxe, MIM with upgrades.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by herrdruhl, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. herrdruhl

herrdruhl Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    FS is a decent sounding and fair playing MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe with upgraded hardware and electronics, that I picked up on trade here on TB. I decided I do not need this, and want to begin funding another Lull bass, so here we go. This MIM Jazz Bass features black Hipshot Tuners, black Gotoh 201 bridge, Audere JZ3D preamp on a black control plate, and Suhr pickups complete the upgrade, all a huge improvement over the stock Mexican bass. Has black and tort guards. Neck is decent and comfortable, maple with mild flame and rosewood fretboard. Bass will need a setup for optimal playability. There are no issues with this bass that I am aware of, neck is straight, electronics clean, but not the quality neck as found in MIA or MIJ Jazz basses. Suhr pickups produce a crisp full sound and sound great with the preamp. Weight is approx. 9 lbs. Overall, this is a decent bass with the upgrades. No major nicks or scratches on the body, just some minor swirling. Will be shipped in a used but functional black ABS case. PRICE DROP TO $400 Paypal/cash deal only.

Attached Files:

2. herrdruhl

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    bump the black j bass

3. herrdruhl

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Upgraded J bass bump.

4. chasfur

chasfur

Feb 14, 2009
    Elkhart , Indiana
    Man if I dan sell my ray 34... Like that black on black. Ant possibilty of trade?

5. herrdruhl

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Sorry, not looking for trades, cash only...Someone snag this bass! It sounds nice, great for a first instrument or a spare bass!

6. herrdruhl

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    PRICE DROP TO $450 SHIPPED TO LOWER 48!!!!

7. herrdruhl

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    bump!!!

8. herrdruhl

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    talk to me people bump.

9. Dostradamas

Dostradamas

Jun 7, 2011
    I have one of those. I actually love those large pole Suhr pups passive. Std jazz wiring. I think the deluxe MIM necks / bodies are the top of the MIM heap. Tort guards were 4 ply as well. If i was in the market for another 450 with case & shipping sounds reasonable to me.

10. herrdruhl

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Thanks, man!

11. herrdruhl

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Price drop bump, $400 shipped!!!!

12. herrdruhl