1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz: Highway One vs. CIJ 62 RI?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dubista, Mar 31, 2009.

1. I'm a lurker here, aside from the odd post or two, just looking for a comparison of the two.

At the local music store there was a Hw1 Jazz on the wall I decided, to try. I liked it, especially the finish on it. The store also has the CIJ 62 RI available for special order (the US pickups one), so I cant play it unless I buy it.

The two cost about the same from where I can get them and I was just wondering what people thought about the two basses. I've been a P person for my short 5 years of playing and this will be my first Jazz.

Which one would you go for? Like I said I love the finish on the Hw1 and I understand it will wear away like a vintage instrument in time because of the nitro finish.

I apoligise if there is a thread already like this, if there is can someone please point me in the right way?

Thanks.

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    You'll get a bunch of responses from people telling you to go forty different ways. Go with the bass you like. They're both good. Try before you buy. Find other music stores that carry jazz basses if you can.

If you go with the recommendations of total strangers and two months down the road, you're looking for another bass because that highly recommended bass just doesn't speak to you, you'll find yourself trying to undo a deal and possibly losing money.

Go with the bass that YOU like. Not what us total strangers like. You will be happier and more inspired to reach for it and play.

Good luck.