1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jazz in new York may 7 to 10

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by bassbuddie, Apr 29, 2009.

1. bassbuddie

bassbuddie

Jan 8, 2003
    Montreal
    I am going to New York, from May 7 to may 10. I was wondering if any of you are playing in New York where I can sit an listen, or any suggestion. I have tickets to see Brad Meldhau at the Village Vanguard on may 8th.

2. You're more than welcome to come and have a drink and sit in at Cleopatra's Needle on the Friday and Saturday late night --1230 am (technically the next day)

93rd and Broadway

cheers

3. bassbuddie

bassbuddie

Jan 8, 2003
    Montreal
    Thanks Kevin, I cant wait to ear those Gut string in person.

4. bribass

bribass

Jan 25, 2006
    Northern NJ
    Endorsing Artist; Arnold Schnitzer/ Wil DeSola New Standard RN DB
    I'll be playing the Jazz Brunch w/ The Lou Caputo Quartet on May 10th 12 Noon - 4PM

@ The Garage Restaurant & Cafe www.[B]garage[/B]rest.com

99 7th Ave S
    New York, NY 10014
    (212) 645-0600

A great group w/ alto, piano, drums and myself w/ my Prescott thru a Focus into a Wizzy 10.

Come in and say hello and sit in if you like,

Brian

5. bassbuddie

bassbuddie

Jan 8, 2003
    Montreal
    Thanks Brian and Kevin, I will sure try to go listen to you. Don't be suprised if a guy with a strong french accent comes to you and says hi.

My name is Fran├žois

6. A great young bassist Jeff Picker and his trio "The Uptown Trio" are playing Jazz Gallery tomorrow night. I will be attending, so say hello if you go.

7. Also, the Thursday session at Fat Cat is often fun.

8. JmJ

JmJ

Jan 1, 2008
    NYC