1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz neck, Bridge humbucker basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SwamiRob, Sep 29, 2008.

1. I'm getting a Jazz pickup added to my ATK w/ bassculture pickup replacement, and I was just wondering if anyone can get my any soundclips of basses with this kinda pickup configuration. I've played on a pretty decent Cort with this config and that kinda made me wanna get a Jazz in my ATK, but I was just curious as to other people that make basses like that.

I know there's a stock ATK with a Jazz and I played one a while ago, but it was a very long time ago and I can't really remember what it was like.

I'm pretty certain I'm gonna like the Jazz when it's in, I'm just curious as to who makes basses with the same J/H thing going on. I seem to remember a very nice looking boutique Jazz with a humbucker in the bridge...

2. SebbyNC

SebbyNC

Mar 17, 2005
    Guadeloupe
    Check Laklands, to me they're among the most versatile basses around, as you can split the humbucker's coils. Killer tone, and after trying an ATK and comparing to my Lakland, I much prefer the character of the Lakland's MM pickup, it sounds more MM-like to me.
    You can hear sound clips here : http://www.lakland.com/ac_5502.htm

3. I've got a bassculture.de replacement it sounds a whole hell of alot better now, now for a decent pre-amp (I'm running it entirely passive at the moment, pickup straight to the jack).