Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazz Neck FS

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by sdguyman, Jan 4, 2005.

1. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    New Hard Rock Birdseye Maple Neck with Maple Fret board. This neck is peppered with Birdseye’s all over. Never installed no predrilled holes. 1 ½ inch at the Nut and 2 3/8 inch at the heal. Access to the truss rod is at the heel. $100

2. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    One other pic

3. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    Hey
    What brand is the neck?

4. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    I'm not exactly sure who makes this neck. There is some scribbling under the finish that looks like a signature then a '01 on it, so I would think that it was created in 2001 and I just can not tell the month.

Its not a might mite or Warmoth. I bought it from Allparts thinking about completing a project but instead I decided to forget about it.

5. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    Hey
    I realize you have not installed the neck but judging by other necks you have handled, what would you say the quality is? I have used warmoth and mighty mite. Compareable? Is it sealed or finished?
    Thanks

6. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    I'm taking a closer look at were they actually wrote in the date on this and there is no "clear coat" covering it. It is very smooth so I am assuming it was sanded with 1000+.

I have a USA Fender Jazz and I honestly don't think that it is any different as far as feel in your hand.

I honestly think that this neck is prettier than my Fender Jazz with all the birdseye litterally everwhere on this neck. The pics don't do it justice what you can actually see in person and I'm not trying to blow smoke up any orfices. It really is "Cosmetically" nice looking.

7. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    Still available. Lots of PM's. :)

8. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    Hi, what is the exact weigt of the neck? Is this 34" Scale? How many frets? What size are the frets? Is the truss rod vintage or newer allen type screw? It's hard to see if the nut is installed or not.

Cheers

9. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    I'm not exactly sure of the weight, I want to say 2-3 lbs. It is 34 scale, 22 frets, I bleive they are jumbo frets(exactly like my USA fender Jazz), no nut, and the truss rod it at the heal like the newer necks which also has the allen type screw in it.

10. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    bump

11. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    OK, I need to get rid of this so make me a reasonable offer to take it off my hands.

12. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    SOLD!