Jazz neck pickup and MM bridge pickup - Volume issue

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by blong1, Mar 16, 2018.

1. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    Hi all,

I have a Warwick Streamer Jazzman and am experiencing a volume drop off when panning to the J neck pickup. Now I realize there will be some volume difference due to just the size pickups coils between the two. But I get a big drop in volume when panning to the neck.

Anyone else experience this with this pickup configuration? Is it supposed to be like that?

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    If you put the bridge pickup in single coil mode they should be fairly even. Also check the pickup heights.

While I'm here I'll also add that I couldn't stand the stock electronics in my Jazzman. Very harsh with no headroom. A few years ago I installed a Bart pre with Delano pickups which was a great improvement, then after a year or so I changed to Bart pickups. Even though both were great improvements, I found both setups too bright for that bass and just this week I found the golden pickup set for that bass...Lace Sensor Man O War's. Holy moley those pickups are a match made in heaven for that bass.

blong1 likes this.
  3. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    Got a link for the set you picked up? I might add that mine is a 5 string.

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 26, 2021