1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz neck Pickup cover

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dee_01, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    Does it get in the way of your slap?

2. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    not really, unless you slap on top of the pickup.

3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i think alot of guys use it as a palm rest

4. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    Cool, I might get one then. I don't slap above the pickup, just pretty much at the end of the fretboard.

5. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    I like it for slap - gives my hand something to rest on when my thumb strikes the strings...

6. Linkert

Linkert Guest

Oct 24, 2006
    I was thinking of getting one for my Squier VM Jazz but it gets in the way for my dubble thumping and fingering over a "sweet-spot".
    The tension of the string over the neck pickup is quite perfect in my opinion.
    I don't strike with my thumb over the neck pickup but i can't palm mute while slapping and my hand gets an angle towards the bass and i dont feel that it is very comfy.

7. Doughd54

Doughd54 I wanna rock. rock.

Nov 30, 2006
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    I've seen Marcus Miller use his Neck pup cover as a palm rest before.

8. I don't understand...are you saying your Jazz's neck coil is exposed, sans-cover currently? How is it attached to the bass's body?

What do you mean by "cover"?

9. black.rose1402

black.rose1402

Jan 10, 2007
    it helps me for slap

10. One of these:

[​IMG]

Which on a bass are like this:

66jazz.

:)

11. Ah, sorry, I thought of that, but didn't think to ask...I've got one of those on my Jazz too, and I can slap with it on.

Thanks for clarifying, during my "blonde" moment.

Ron

12. Aragorn35016

Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    sigh man I love covers on a bass, I have them on my 50's P and the gap between them is more than enough not to affect my playing, Ive got a US 62 reissue Jazz on order, Id love to put the covers on it, but that gap between the 2 is just too narrow for me to play fingerstyle, if only my right hand fingers were narrower!:D